The theme for this week’s edition of Works for Me Wednesday is Greatest Tips, so I thought I’d share my most popular articles over on Suite101, since I’ve been writing there for much longer than the Parent Vortex has been around.
Here’s the Top 5:
1. Financial Help for Single Parents – Finding financial help as a single parent means knowing where to look for scholarships, bursaries, subsidized housing and childcare.
2. Age Appropriate Bedtimes for Children – How much sleep does a five year old need?Â A six month old?Â Setting age appropriate bedtimes involves knowing when your child needs to go to bed in order to get enough sleep before the alarm clock goes off in the morning.
3. Preparing for a Natural Childbirth – Natural, drug-free childbirth is an achievable goal for most women with low-risk pregnancies.Â Yes, really!Â Preparing for a drug-free birth takes educating yourself about the process of birth, choosing a supportive birth attendant, practicing your pain management skills and having confidence in your body’s ability to give birth.
4. Secrets of the Baby Whisperer – A review of Tracey Hogg’s popular baby care book.Â This article has received the most comments of all my Suite101 articles, with readers coming in on both sides of a rather heated debate.
5. How to Stop Toddler Tantrums – A review of Dr Harvey Karp’s book, The Happiest Toddler on the Block.Â It’s a short but sweet synopsis of Dr. Karp’s approach to dealing with the Neanderthal in all toddlers.