2. Quiet evenings beside the fire at home.
3. My public library, excellent bloggers who share their expertise for free, the amazing vault of information that is the internet and other forms of knowledge-sharing.
4. A first (and successful!) batch of homemade lip balm.
6. Garlic sleeping under a soft blanket of freshly turned earth.
7. My own warm bed.
8. The fact that Tom and I have naturally fallen on the same side of the big childrearing decisions we’ve faced so far – like home birth and homeschooling.
9. The life lessons I’ve learned in my time as a parent. Â Seriously, if you can deal with a two year old, gracefully and with composure, you can deal with anyone. Â As Tom says, they are “pure human.”
10. Hot honey lemon ginger tea, made with freshly chopped ginger and a slice of lemon instead of a tea bag.
11. Learning all the time, for the children and us parents, too.
12. Â Awesome neighbours.
13. Indoor plumbing.
14. Health and happiness.
15. Boxes of gleaming preserves in my storage room. Â A little bit of summer tucked away for safekeeping.
16. Waterproof wellies.
17. Streets lined with vibrant red leaves on the trees, in the air and on the ground.
18. Fresh snow on the mountaintops.
19. Change in the wind.
20. Stability at home.
21. The voice of my intuition (even though I still need to get better at actually listening to it and acting on those whispers).
22. A future open to new possibilities.
23. Being able to allow myself the time and space to cut back my responsibilities to those that are essential to my work in homeschooling and caring for my girls.
24. Knowing the time will come to take on other projects.
25. A hug and smile after a difficult day.